The Alumni Fund supports scientific research at UM and focuses mainly on projects with a direct social impact that bring together science and tomorrow’s entrepreneurship. The Alumni Fund is managed by a committee of alumni who make donations. This committee is now accepting proposals for project grants.
Proposals must meet the following requirements:
- Proposals may be submitted by young researchers at the start of their career.
- The proposal must provide a clear description of the direct societal impact of the research and shed insight into the possibilities for future entrepreneurship based on this scientific research within reasonable time.
- Deadline for submission September 15th, 2018
- The maximum amount of financial support that can be requested is €10,000.
- Brief project description (2 A4 sheets maximum), together with a budget that provides clear details on earnings and expenditures in the valorization process. Personnel and travel costs will not be covered.
- Clear understanding is desired of the duration of the project.
- The subsidies awarded by the Alumni Fund are guaranteed subsidies. The fund gives the guarantee that you will receive a predetermined sum to set off the deficit, on the condition that the expected deficit is appears in your budget. This means that before the subsidy can be transferred, you must provide a written account following the conclusion of the project. If the deficit proves less than expected, the subsidy you receive will also be lower. If the deficit is more than expected, you will not receive anything above the predetermined sum. In extraordinary circumstances we are able to grant a deposit.