The Brains Unlimited Pioneer Fund makes funds available for innovative pilot studies. These pilot studies should result in a proof-of-evidence that substantiates and increases the likelihood of further grant funding for follow-up research.
The objective of the Brains Unlimited Pioneer Fund is to support research about the human body carried out by UM researchers in the Scannexus MRI scanner laboratory.
Conditions for submission of applications
Applications from researchers are reviewed by the Strategic Scientific Advisory Board of Scannexus and assessed based on scientific reasoning, the degree of innovation and opportunities for further funding. The conditions are as follows:
- The applicant is a researcher with an appointment at Maastricht University;
- The application applies to research that is interdisciplinary and allows for collaboration with external partners;
- The application must demonstrate that the next steps have been well considered;
- The grant funds are intended only for the (additional) use of the MRI scanners and associated peripherals and/or support within the Scannexus scanner facility;
- The grant may provide for a reimbursement of the costs for up to 10 additional scanner hours.
Applicant must secure matching funding, equal to the amount (or value) of the requested hours. No costs for personnel, the facility or items other than the cost of Scannexus scanner hours / Scannexus support hours will be reimbursed.
It is currently not possible to apply to the Brains Unlimited Pioneer Fund.
- A-KO Fund
- Alumni Fund
- Knowledge Transfer Fund
- Prof. dr. W.A. Wagenaar Fund
- Professor's Fund
- Science Practice Fund
- UCM Fund
- Brain Battle Fund
- Brains Unlimited Pioneer Fund
- Health Food Innovation and Knowledge Transfer Fund
- Health in Slums Fund
- Hemker Fund
- Limburg Fund for Rehabilitation
- M4I Fund
- Mark Post Research Fund
- Queen of Hearts Fund
- Van De Laar Fund
- Geert Hofstede Honorary Fund
- Hofstede Fund for Culture Research
- Human Animal Sustainability Fund
- Peter Thijssen Fund