The Children’s Rights Research Fund raises funds for academic research on children’s rights and related educational projects. Although we recently celebrated the 25th anniversary of the 1989 UN Convention on the Rights of the Child, children’s rights are grossly violated on a daily basis and on a global scale. UNICEF director Anthony Lake argued that in 2014 ‘[c]hildren have been killed while studying in the classroom and while sleeping in their beds; they have been orphaned, kidnapped, tortured, recruited, raped and even sold as slaves. Never in recent memory have so many children been subjected to such unspeakable brutality’ (2014). The Children’s Rights Research Fund supports research and projects that help to improve the daily lives of children around the world and that focus on working directly with, rather than on children, making sure that children’s voices are heard.
The fund supports:
- PhD research at Maastricht University. The fund currently supports Marieke Hopman’s PhD research, titled “Looking at Law through Children’s Eyes”. Marieke engages in field research, talking to many children in different political and legal cultures. She is currently studying the child’s right to education in the Central African Republic. See: http://www.childrensrightsresearch.com
- Maastricht University’s scientific involvement in societal projects that aim to improve children’s rights and include direct involvement and input from children.
All proposals that meet the requirements mentioned above, will be reviewed by an advisory committee. The members of this committee are Professor Rianne Letschert, Professor Fons Coomans of Maastricht University and Saskia Immens MBA.
How to make a donation to this fund?
If you would like to make a donation to this fund, you can do so through the University Fund Limburg Attn Children’s Rights Research Fund, IBAN: NL21 INGB 0653 6632 42.
You can also use the donation button below.
Would you like to stay up to date on the research on this theme? Read the newsletter here!
- A-KO Fund
- Knowledge Transfer Fund
- Peter Elverding chair
- Prof. dr. W.A. Wagenaar Fund
- Professor's Fund
- Science Practice Fund
- UCM Fund
- Brain Battle Fund
- Brains Unlimited Pioneer Fund
- Excalibur Fund
- Health in Slums Fund
- Hemker Fund
- Limburg Fund for Rehabilitation
- M4I Fund
- Mark Post Research Fund
- Queen of Hearts Fund
- Van De Laar Fund