This page provides information regarding which grants you can apply for, as well as when and how to apply.
Who can apply for a grant?
All students enrolled at UM.
For which activities can you apply for a grant?
- are organised by and for students
- are new and/or special in some way
- are of ongoing significance for the university community
- foster a sense of community at UM
- involve formal representation of UM in the Netherlands or abroad, including national or international sports championships and other events.
What makes your project or event eligible for a grant?
Important: check in advance whether your project is eligible for a grant!
View the overview of requirements and exclusions.
What else do you need to know?
- UFL grants are awarded in the form of guarantees. This means that if the actual costs are lower than the contribution promised by the UFL, the grant paid will amount to no more than the actual costs.
- The UFL supports the startup of new activities only during the first 2 years (max. 2 grants per activity).
When is the deadline for grant applications?
The submission deadlines for 2022 are:
- 1st round: 25 February.
- 2nd round: 20 May.
- 3rd round: 16 September.
- 4th round: 18 November.
How can you apply for a grant?
Please use the grant application form for student activities (see below).
Email your application to firstname.lastname@example.org. You will receive a confirmation of receipt.
Submissions received after the deadline are inadmissible. This also applies for incomplete and invalid applications. In this case, you may resubmit the complete or corrected application in a later round.
When will you be notified?
You will receive written notification of the outcome within a week of the relevant meeting of the Student Activities Support Committee. The meeting dates in 2022 are 17 March, 9 June, 6 October and 7 December.